We are so pleased to now offer Laparoscopic (keyhole) spays to our clients and to referral clients.
Recovery time for your dog can be as a little as 48 hours before normal off lead exercise can continue. Whereas the traditional spay can sometimes take up to two weeks before normality can resume.
The cost of our Laparoscopic spay is £550 (incl VAT) this includes:
- Pre-op medication; sedative and
- General Anaesthetic
- Surgical removal of the ovaries
- Post-op pain relief
- Post-op check up
Laparoscopic spays are performed through two very small incisions, usually from 0.5cm to 1cm in diameter. This type of surgery also only requires the veterinary surgeon to remove the ovaries and not the whole uterus
What to expect
- Your dog will be admitted with us in the morning of surgery and will go home in the afternoon of the same day
- A nurse will go through all post procedural information with you
- In 3-5 days we will then see your dog for a post operation check to make sure everything is as it should be