Aldeburgh Vets has a sterile surgical theatre where operations are performed separately from non-sterile procedures.
Whilst Brian and Jess are able to perform many routine surgical procedures, Aldeburgh Vets is also able to offer more advanced, referral-level, surgical procedures on-site. These procedures are performed by an advanced surgeon who visits the practice as required. This often avoids the need for your pet to be hospitalised at a referral practice, as well as the travel required.
Alongside neutering we are able to perform the following procedures:
- Caesarean Sections
- Lump removals
- TPLO for cruciate ligament rupture
- BOAS corrective surgery for dogs with upper airway respiratory problems (classically French and English Bulldogs).
- Luxating patella repair
- Some fracture repairs
- Intestinal foreign body removals
- Other abdominal procedures
- Anal gland removal
- We do not perform spinal surgery as these patients often require extended hospitalisation post-operatively
When a surgical procedure is indicated, we will provide you with estimates of cost and expected recovery times.
We can also provide a comparison estimate for any surgical procedure that your pet has been recommended.